We think this scent is lick-able. Sugary dripping nectar, the result of the love affair between blossoms and bees. There are hundreds of varieties all over the world and you can eat it straight from the honeycomb. Cave people ate it Spain. The ancient Egyptians loved and revered it. And certainly, the Romans had a hand in popularizing it. In fact, the Greeks, Romans, and Egyptians documented the healing properties of honey as early as Aristotle’s mention of it in 384 BC.
You’d be surprised to know the effort that goes into making honey as it’s not just your run-of-the-mill kind of process.
Bee experts assert that to make one pound of honey, it takes approximately 60,000 bees traveling to possibly 2 million flowers (around 55,000 miles) to extract enough nectar. Geesh!
Honey has been known to help with energy, allergies & memory. It makes a most excellent white sugar replacement. I know that I can use less of that in my diet! So how does it shape up as a fragrance? It is mellow, sweet, and sensuous. It has a great candle throw and is a lovely addition to any fragrances for your body.
Honey Blends with Buzzzzz:
- Honey & Orange Blossom - This is a classic pairing and a hit with those who like the sweeter side of life.
- Honey, Leather, & Amber Musk - Seriously sensuous, use this around someone you love.
- Honey, Lemongrass, & Green Tea - Spa lovers will go mad for this one. It's like bright and mellow at the same time.
- Honey, Baked Bread, & Butter - Just wow. This is a big scent that fills the room with some of my favorite food groups :)
- Honey, Slate - This makes for a great Mandle.